Pimp My Walker!

Raised By A Frugal Mommy - A. Kimi

Date: 19 Feb 2012

After hard-core scrubbing, no more stains!

Lil Kimi is becoming increasing restless these days. He doesn't like lying around too much so I googled "when-can-baby-ride-walker" - most moms answered 4 months and others even said 3.5 months! So yesterday's Garage Sale mission was to find a cheap preloved walker for Kimi.

Luck was on our side when after nearly giving up hope, the second last house we visited had an unwanted walker for sell at $5. I was 'quite' happy. The walker didn't look too appealing. It was quite dirty and the seat had those blacky-thingy we call 'tahi lalat'... But I know, beggers can't be choosers...

Tahi lalat makes the fabric looks dirty! 
Torn plastic seat... Such an eye-sore!

At home, it was time for MTV, Pimp My Ride!!! I started scrubbing all the dirty marks until the white frame sparkled and machine washed the tahi lalat seat... But of course, tahi lalat is still there.

With my old sewing machine, and some scrap cloth, I wrapped the seat at the baby's head area. The rest of the seat was too complicated for me (not to mention too lazy to figure it out).

Cover-up the dirty looking head-rest... 
... and the torn bottom.

Now that the walker looks decent and hyginic enough, Kimi was allowed to test drive... Vroooommmm!!!

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
tetttappp belang belang corak kann..haha.nice one

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia