Me and Serunding!

Seriously... Fuh!!!

I have to record this milestone... My first ever serunding daging, which I never imagined I would actually even try to make.


We are planning to go on a road trip to Sydney next week and apart from sambal ikan bilis, another common Malay food for on-the-go is serunding. I remembered JuliZac's mom made a bag full of homemade serunding for our trip to Hong Kong. And it was really good - we ate it with nasi impit separa basi and macaroni. Since nobody's mom is going to make it this time around, I have to make it myself!

Browsed the internet and used this recipe as a guideline. Naturally, I didn't follow the steps exactly, made a few changes:

1) Did not bother to siat-siat daging... Used minced meat instead.
2) Did not have any ketumbar (which I know is the most important spice for serunding), so replaced it with curry powder (memang suka hati!)

I also read from another site that it takes about 2-3 hours to make this cuisine. However... For me, I started at 2PM and completed at 9PM!!! 7 hours for the serunding to be sufficiently dry. Can I blame this on the electric cooktop as oppose to the Malaysian common dapur gas?

Anyways, I'm glad it tasted OK after all that effort... And not to mention the electricity bill!

Blogging on the go!

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
7 hours on electric cook. what a modern serunding invention.

pegi sydneyyyy???? best~~~~

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia