The Joy of Confinement!

Apart from being stuck at home (well, for the first two weeks to be honest) and suffering the pain of post-labor (mostly due to the tearing), my confinement period was AWESOME! Both my mom and MIL came to take care of me and wee baby for nearly the entire 44 days! Hello social life and great-authentic-home cooked with love-Malaysian food! Okay, here are some memories to cherish of the past 1.5 month, which by the way, passed too quickly for my liking.

Mak and Mama had to get vaccinated against whooping cough since they will be spending most of their time with baby. This is serious stuff in Australia. Me and Mak at USQ clinic:


Two weeks after their arrival, my dad, siblings and BIL (from hereon known as Dad and gang) arrived to celebrate Eid together. Our little house was so packed with people that I have to ignore my "Monk-ness" as the house was in a horrific state. They came with gifts and kuih raya from the homeland. This particular one is from Awin aka Mama Win (who was Ummi for about 2 days. She wasn't sure what her nephews should call her):


My dad the Atok spent some quality time with Kimi, who for no valid reasons, was on a kicking spree. The victims included all the grandparents (@_@)


Eid Fitr this year was special. It was a meaningful time for me, having my whole family on the morning of Syawal. The theme was all black for the ladies and all creamy for the men.


On 3rd Syawal, my family had a 3-day short trip to Sydney. My mom was so excited to visit the Opera House. Obviously I couldn't tag along. Mama and Adam the BIL stayed in Toowoomba but did a little sightseeing in Brisbane city and Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.

Dad and gang went back to Malaysia after 10 days in Oz, leaving the mothers to continue their motherly duties. We treated them with Sofras, the turkish restaurant. Mak was enjoying the lamb while Mama was dreading the smell.


When they're not cooking, cleaning or sleeping, the mothers were on a shopping spree! Some items (by that I mean a lot) were already in Malaysia, flown together with Dad and gang. My dad, by the way, bought a whole bunch of Harley Davidson stuff. Whoever says that guys hate shopping should clearly apologise. Please see circled items:


Anyways... apart from Corelle dinnerware, Mak and Mama decided they love Rockmans' fashion and spent nearly 1 hour in the boutique... Twice on different days!


Sam Warehouse was closing down and had everything marked down to 50%. So we did some bargain hunting there:


We also went for the compulsory Garage Sales and Vinnies trips to try our luck on further bargains. Luck was not so much on our side :(


I know I was not suppose to eat ice cream but I admitted that I cheated and had some Baskin Robbins ;0)


The only thing that I found lacking in our hospitality (cewah!) was that we couldn't seem to make their sleeping arrangement comfortable enough. Each morning I woke up to this sight:


We gave each a Pandora pram charm, to remind them of their grandsons here in Toowoomba.


The day of their flight home was just around the corner. The packing of all the shopping conquest required detailed planning and precision - to avoid baggage overweight.


I baked an Oreo cheesecake and we had a little farewell ceremony for them. Kimi sang 'Happy birthday to you' and blew some candles.


Finally, on the night of 21/8/2014, both mothers were preparing themselves for the flight home scheduled tomorrow morning. And this was the time they found out that they have booked a different flight - only Mama was flying tomorrow, Mak's flight was on the following day. There was a moment of panic and chaos. Since the flight was in less than 24 hours, nothing much we could do about it. They found someone to blame - Adam - who were the one clicking the mouse during booking. The poor boy (together with Mak and Mama) had booked the wrong KL-Gold Coast flight for himself but was rectified ASAP by Hasben and I. However, no one notices this particular mistake until the very last minute. Anyway, now that everyone is safe at home (comfortable on their own beds, I may add), we can laugh about it! Ha ha ha sob sob uwaaa! I miss them...

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
marvellous experience! how lovely to have moms around when we at need most.:))
MammaSun said…
hahaha...lawak yg salah flight tu...mesti cuak ibu2 itew...mujur dah selamat sampai...hadoi laaa

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia