My 28th Birthday!

Date: 23 November 2012

Well, it is expected that I write about my New Year 2013 celebration or resolutions, but since I have been procrastinating on sooo many stories, I'll just have to go with my birthday for today's entry. As a child, birthdays are something exciting and a day to look forward to. As you become older (literally!), it is a day you would rather pretend did not exist... Haha... Although I am far from my family and friends, Facebook is a perfect medium for the birthday wishes to reach me, thus pretending that this day did not exist was quite impossible. So here I am, trying to remember how I turned 28 - more than 1 month ago.

Hasben was very enthusiastic to make this day as memorable as possible. He forced me to name a gift, no belated gifts, he said, as it would not be as special. Bless his heart... The truth is, he was fed-up that I could not remember what he got for me last year because I requested to postpone until I found what I wanted - and until now, I still couldn't remember if I even got a 27th birthday present!! (-_-)"

For lunch, Hasben treated me with a special Turkish cuisine at Sofras Restaurant, located in Toowoomba town. We even got a free dessert platter, on the house - it is important you tell the waitress what you are celebrating, you will never know your luck! After lunch, we circled the whole town for an iPad mini - they were mostly out-of-stock due to Christmas being just a month away. Yup, iPad mini - I said no thanks, Hasben said it is Okay - oh well, rezeki jangan ditolak... Woohoohoo! So I am at the moment writing this story using my 1 month-old iPad mini that Hasben bought from Myers. Since then, I have been playing all sorts of games, which I think is just not good for my social life (like I have any - tangan di bahu, mata ke atas: cliche, I know, but this is the trend now for sarcasm, ahaks).

And finally, for dinner, we had a ladybird birthday cake at home with a special birthday song + "guitar playing" by Hasben and Kimi. I really enjoyed getting old after all!

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
heyy!!papajang dah makin hebat jadik manusia paling sweet atas muka bumi! lucky you laydeh

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia