Tutorial: Crochet Plant Pot Cozy

If you're like me, obsessed with plants, I am sure you will have many collections of plastic pots from the plant nursery. Here in Australia, the most popular place to buy plants is of course, Bunnings. I usually go for the clearance section, obviously, as I am such a frugal person. But also, because I am not confident enough to ensure the plants' survival. So if I kill them, at least it won't be such a great lost!

Anyways, since I keep going back for more plants (either because they did not survive, or just because it's spring!), I have soooo many plastic pots in my backyard. One way to reuse these pots is to make a cozy - either from fabric or by crocheting. It would be a waste to throw such a perfectly usable plastic pot, right?

So, for my friend, Sofi's belated birthday present, I decided to make my first plant pot cozy. 

1) I started of by crocheting a circle, just a bit larger than the bottom of the pot that I am using:

2) Then, without any changes in the number of stitches, I made a triple crochet all around until I cover the whole height of the pot:

3) Finally, I changed the colour of the yarn and made a shell edging:

4) Before putting on the cozy, don't forget to cover the bottom of the pot with a plastic. And obviously, don't over-water or your cozy will be soaked:

5) And now, you can use these pots for your indoor plants:

Such a simple project while also saving the earth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Arabic Letters - Dal, Dzal, Raa and Zai

Melbourne, Australia