I-City, Selangor

The City of Lights!

Date: 12 November 2010


I-City is located in Shah Alam - without traffic jam, maybe we can reach there from KL in about 45 minutes. However, we decided to have our little high school reunion on a Friday night, the day known to all KL-ians as the unofficial Stuck-In-Jam Day! Tick-tock-tick-tock... 2 hours later we arrived in Shah Alam. From afar, we could see the colourful lights decorating the night sky. Am really-really excited but hungry, especially friends who joined this gathering straight from work. So we stopped at Bun-D, the rock group, Amok's restaurant. The food was OK, a bit expensive... with a life band....


Now, with new supply of carbs, we went straight to I-City. Each car, regardless of passengers, is required to pay RM10 for entrance fee... right before the car park. The light display is from 7pm untill 12am daily. At 10pm, there were still many people there. The park is the first lightscape tourism destination in Malaysia with state-of-the-art LED technology showcase. Whether this project is energy saving, I have no idea... really would like to know though.


My first impression was, "WOW!! Look at all the colourful lights!!" It's really something! The view is so much nicer than in pictures. The entrance ticket entitles a maximum of 5 people to enter either "Winter World" or "Bird Park". I must admit that I made up these names since I have no idea what they are actually called. Winter world = light display with winter theme... Bird Park = Glowing trees surrounded by plastic birds. We chose Winter World to visit glowing santa and snowmen.

Mr Snowman 1

Mr Snowman 2

The 'Bird Park' - Where are the birds?

The LED lights were arranged to form trees, peacocks, lanterns, fireworks, just to name a few. To me, it can be both romantic and fun. This destination is suitable for couples, families and friends. However, at this point of time, there are still some renovations on the park... I believe, once completed, the place is going to be really magical!!

A feeling like 'Autumn in My Heart' - romantic~

Fireworks!! Really...?

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
lawa!!will be more jakuner if bring my little sisters and feel the fire ofn their excitement nih!!!(which i dunno when this is possible to happen,hiih)

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia