Goodbye Atok Jani

Date: 28 May 2011
Time: 7.11 PM

"Kak.. Atok dah meninggal," Dad WhatsApp-ed me. We did see it coming as the whole family gathered at Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru for nearly 2 days after receiving a message from the hospital that my grandfather was in a coma and may never wake up. He suffered from diabetes and had a serious asthma problem since I can remember.

Atok and Nenek - The Youngsters.

A few weeks back, neighbours forced and sent him to the hospital as they noticed that his skin problem was getting serious. He was not the hospital-type-man, a common thing amongst old men I guess. They performed surgery on his skin and just 1 week ago, my Pak Su said that he was recovering and could not wait to leave the hospital.

2 Jan 2011 - The last time I visited Atok in Kulai.

I am not sure how he ended up in a coma, something about choking while eating and asthma thingy... But we all know, when Allah says it's your time, the reason is really insignificant.

Pak Su by Atok's resting place. 

Eid-Fitr 2006 - Mom hugging her dad.

7 Jan 2010 - Atok attending his first and apparently the only wedding of his many granchildren, me.

May Allah bless his soul, forgive his sins, and place him in heaven. Al-Fatihah.

Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
not many cucu can be as totful as this entry. Al Fatihah to late Atok.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia