My First Popiah Kecik!

Weekend of Boredom!

Date: 11 June 2011

Life can be a bit slow especially in weekends at Paka. JulieZac is at her parents', my family is so far away in the west coast, and I have only Hasben to listen to my naggings. Just by looking at a durian pic posted by a friend in FB had caused me to crave for them... Yumminess!

Lucky Me! Expensive durian for sale in Paka!

Expensive but Yummy!

Anyway, back to the story of Little Popiah. After being offered a popiah simpul inti serunding by an offismate, I was determined to make my very first popiah kecik. Hasben helped out and we ended up with popiah inti sadin with really ugly shapes! Haha! It shows how boredom can spark 'creative' innovations!

My first try - I don't know how to simpul it!! The ugliest popiah in the world!

I successfully simpul-ed the popiah but it's huge!

To make life easy, I decided to just fold it.

Hasben's attempt - popiah gulung medium sized.

Giant triangle popiah - more like samosa - from Hasben!!

Our final design - little triangle popiah. Cute and yummy! SUCCESS!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia