Me & Crochet!

Learn New Things Everyday!

I have always wanted to try crochetting ever since my uni days. It seemed so hard when I look it up the internet - pictures and wordings can be so confusing.

The urge came again as I waited for my due date. I tried a new approach - learning from youtube! I can follow exactly the teachers in the videos, pause when they are moving too fast and rewind when I am completely lost!

Learning from Youtube!

I bought 4 not so expensive yarns (let's not be too ambitious!) from Ampang Park and a crochet hook.

Doing my first chain stitch!

The week before, I had purchased online a set of hooks but knowing how impatient I can be to wait for the postman, I bought the crochet hook so I can start my project ASAP!

They arrived a bit too late - project already begin!

Initially, I planned to make a baby blanket.

Double crocheting the first blue stripe...
 
Add a yellow stripe... 
Is getting impatient - too many DCs~!

At last, doing sooo many double crochets was starting to drive me insane. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! So instead, I changed my mission to a smaller project... A baby pillow cover!


I crocheted the half-pinwheel border in the hospital, before and after giving birth.


During my confinement, I did 2 small hearts (Hasben would not allow flower patterns - "He's a boy FGS..." Fine!) and sew Baby Kimi's name.


My first crochet project - Mission accomplished!


Next project from youtube was pyjamas pants. I needed something comfy to where during my confinement. I used an old sarung and at first, the pants waist was too low - secret body part was exposed. I extended the waist higher. The project kept me busy for only 3 days, including alterations here and there. Now I keep wearing it everyday! Time for laundry...~


What's next??! *Thinking*

Comments

MammaSun said…
hola....tak sangka aku ko pandai buat benda2 gini...cumil bangat!!
Juli.Zakaria said…
bantal comel is the best art for beginner mommy.hahah

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia