Arabic Letters - Jim, Haa, Khaa

Every Sunday morning since early this year, I have volunteered to teach non-Arabic speaking children, ages 4 to 8, to read Arabic at our local madrasah. It has been a good experience for me, as teaching little kids is obviously waaay different than what I am used to. It also gives me the opportunity to meet up with other moms who volunteered, and make new little friends from different cultural backgrounds ;)
 Saw this wild flower near the car park - pretty!
Beautiful Sunday morning at the mosque.
So every week, I have to plan ahead on the lessons which usually takes about 1 hour. Currently, I am teaching Jim, Haa, Khaa - I call them The Duck Letters - Jim with the dot on the wings, Haa is the funny one (Ha ha ha!) and Khaa is the angry one with the dot on the head. It seems to be working as after 3 weeks, the kids can remember all 3 quite well.
Learning the Ducks Letter!
I have made a worksheet based on this concept (using some of the images online) and anyone who would like to use this, go ahead, save the image below and print it for any little ones out there. Happy learning the Duck Letters (^u^)y



Comments

Juli.Zakaria said…
so much "energy receive, energy return " spirit uphold :)

it's good to giving back to the society

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Second Baby!

Book: Sushi for Beginners

Melbourne, Australia